Tuesday, January 17, 2012

This is Facebook...

Not Myspace. And not 2004. So, stop taking pictures of yourself. It is no longer the days where it's cool to have a profile picture that is you posing in a mirror using your "baller" new flip phone. Granted, there is some room for exceptions. You injured yourself and it looks bad ass? Go ahead, take a picture. You're overly excited about a new haircut/dye? Still a little stupid, but go for it. I think what bothers me most is when people clearly sit around their house and put on makeup and their cutest outfit and proceed to have a photo shoot. Then, they post the pictures to Facebook and talk about how ugly they are. Clearly you think you're hideous since you're posting all of these pictures of yourself. Not. Stop fishing for compliments, it's annoying. What really bothers me is that people feel the need to do this in order to feel good about themselves. I've never found that self confidence has come from how many likes I get on a particular photo. Nor have I ever judged the quality of my friends over whether or not they comment on my pictures and tell me how beautiful I am. I know all people feel gratified by different things but I think it's about time you retire the mirror picture and join the rest of us in 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Yesssss!!! I'm beyond glad that you're calling these people out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you haha but so true! drives me crazy

    ReplyDelete